Melbourne, FL — Tecom Group an expert in broadcasting automation systems will elaborate on its software solutions and services on NAB booth (N3621, Las Vegas Convention Center, April 13-16). The company will be sharing a booth with its long-term partner Qligent, a specialist in cloud-based , enterprise-level media monitoring and analysis.
The newly released solutions: Mozaiq and Loudness were chosen to be Tecom Group’s headliners. Alexander Kabanov, General Manager, states: “The primary goal promoted by NAB Show is quality content the world desperately craves for. Both of our solutions fully comply with the central idea of the show as well as its motto. While Mozaiq gives broadcasters real-time management of graphical media, making their content interactive and innovative, Loudness ensures that the content in question corresponds with the quality expectations of the audience and oversight bodies.”
A number of established services for broadcasters and integrators will also represent Tecom Group’s product line, including the following:
- Television Record System (TRecS) – designated to provide 24/7 or selective recording of the content from any number of broadcasting channels to disk arrays, cataloging and management of audio-video content. Modular architecture ensures flexible adjustment of the system to any customer requirements.
- IRWIn QoS – a quality of service / experience monitoring system for broadband networks. It allows obtaining objective information about quality of broadband network services, promptly detecting and eliminating technical problems in a network.
- Router Planer - a product that provides the ability to control switchers and routers via UI and schedule the switching events for single and multiple inputs and outputs.
- Multiscreen delivery services - a line of second screen applications, streaming solutions, cloud-based software for broadcast and OTT operators.
- Network, fault and service management - customizing and integrating solutions for network, fault, service, resource and facility management for customers of different sizes and industries. The usage of open source tools (Zabbix, Nagios, OTRS) provides very cost-effective solutions.
- Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) system - web-based software that helps to organize and manage telephone surveys for on-site and remote operators. It provides the abilities to create scripts and customize the script logic, manage survey progress, automate phone calls and provide reports.
- HandiFox - is a mobile inventory tracking and sales management solution, which seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks. It allows small businesses to automate their sales, administrate supply chain pipeline and have a comprehensive inventory control.